All bookings are strictly personal and non-tranferable to others.
- AMAUTA Spanish School accepts no responsibility whatsoever for cases of force majeure (according to law) or for students’ actions.
- AMAUTA Spanish School is not responsible for any personal items left in the school building, in the residence, in the students flats, at the travel agency or at the guest families.
- On formalising enrollment onto a course (and accommodation) students accept the General and Payment Conditions and Payment Method, as well as the norms, rules and guarantees of AMAUTA Spanish School.
- In high season some classes may be given in classrooms outside of our installations.
- AMAUTA Spanish School reserves the right to extend the timetable for classes to 9pm and start at 8.00 am
- AMAUTA reserves the right to place 7 or maximum 8 students in a group under exceptional circumstances (high season, teachers illness (COVID) or others.
- It is not possible to make up classes due to illness or alternative travel plans.
- There are no classes on national holidays (see: see below). The missed classes will be replaced by a cultural activity on the same day (e.g. a lecture). Classes cannot be recuperated and are non-refundable. AMAUTA will recuperate the classes if there are two national holidays in one week.
- The students will be charged for the replacement of items broken either intentionally or through negligence.
- In high season the student residence may be substituted by another type of accommodation at a corresponding price.
- If there is damage on a shared item and no one is directly responsible, we will divide the cost of repairs among all the students in the accommodation.
- In case the students residence and the host families are fully booked, the students may be places in other type of accommodation of the same quality.
AMAUTA Spanish School is not responsible for any personal items left in the student accommodation or at the host families.
We strongly recommend that all students take out a travel or medical insurance policy in their home countries.
If students are participating in adventure tours or other tours, they have full responsibility to ensure that their travel or medical insurance policy covers the activity or sport in which they are participating. You may be required to show us a certificate of this insurance policy prior to commencement in the course.
SPANISH AND ADVENTURE (PERU)
Paragliding, rock climbing and white water rafting are serious adventure activities with an element of risk. AMAUTA Spanish School cannot absolutely guarantee participants safety. We cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for client’s belongings, equipment lost or damaged.
- AMAUTA Spanish School and their partner agencies operating the adventure tours reserve the right to cancel or change any trip due to river, road, weather conditions, or political climate. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to client unsuitability because of age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication etc.
- Any missed classes due to the above listed incidences (e.g. weather conditions or political climate) cannot be refunded or recuperated.
The final decision regarding the acceptance of a student in a project will be taken by the local organization; all volunteer placements are subject to change.
- The final agreement between AMAUTA, the host organization and the volunteer will be signed upon arrival.
- It is not possible to change projects unless there are irreconcilable problems, nor is it possible to ‘shop’ and visit several projects before you start a placement. If we place you in a second project you have to pay another volunteer fee of (this does not include the change fee).
- You are expected to work till the end of your placement; if you abandon the project, no refund on accommodation nor the volunteer fee will be granted.
Students from Western Europe, the USA, UK, New Zealand or Australia do not require a visa to enter Peru, though all students have responsibility for enquiring about their particular case. Students from other countries must enquire about obtaining a visa at the Embassy or Consulate nearest to them. The proof of enrolment document which is required for the visa can only be issued by the school if the enrolment form has been received and the advance payment of US$ 250 per person has been made.
ADMISSION OR EXPULSION
AMAUTA Spanish School reserves the right to cancel the student’s place if on the day of their arrival they have not paid the total sum of the course, accommodation and other services contracted.
- AMAUTA Spanish School cannot guarantee the free airport pickup if the flight details are not confirmed at least 48 hours before arrival or if last minutes changes are made (even if they were not the fault of the students but of the airline).
- In the case of a serious disciplinary offence, repeated bad behavior or infringement of the laws of Peru, the student will be expelled from the school and accommodation contracted with AMAUTA Spanish School without the right to any refund.
- In the case where damages are caused to third parties, all the expenses claimed from AMAUTA Spanish School that originate from the above-mentioned incident will be charged to the student, who will have no right to later claims.
REFUND POLICY AND CANCELLATIONS *
- Cancellations before arrival will be accepted in writing and are free of charge until four weeks before arrival*.
- For cancellations prior to the last two weeks before arrival, there is a penalty of one time the registration fee for the Spanish classes plus a $ 50 cancellation fee for the accommodation.
- For cancellations within in the last two weeks up till 4 days before arrival (counting working days only, excluding Saturday and Sunday), there is a penalty of two times the registration fee plus the first week of the booked accommodation; in case you booked an individual Spanish course, you will be charged 50% of the lessons of the first week.
- For cancellations within 4 days before arrival (counting working days only, excluding Saturday and Sunday): see below (section: After Arrival);
(However, the ‘after arrival’ politics apply for the first three weeks of the total stay only. The rest of the Spanish and Accommodation program* can be refunded at the latest 30 days after the original ending date of the course, by either bank wire transfer or credit card.)
* Excluded from the Refund Policy and Cancellations are: flights, hotels, bus- or train tickets, entrance fee tickets, tours, Spanish on Location programs and all Spanish courses and accommodation for groups; those need to be paid in full**.
** Exceptions for flights, hotels, bus- or train tickets, entrance fee tickets and tours can be negotiated but depend 100% on the cancellation and refund politics of the provider (airlines, hotels, rail companies, travel agencies, and other providers).
- Money for the Spanish course and/or accommodation and other services will not be refunded once the course (or accommodation) has started, except in cases of serious illness (of the student or a direct family member) or another serious situation (for example work or examination in home country, pregnancy, the obligation of doing military service, COVID-19 travel restrictions etc.).
In case of cancellation due to a serious illness or another serious situation as mentioned above the following procedures* are applicable:
- Cancellations will be accepted in writing only.
- In case of illness or pregnancy, a medical declaration that will be evaluated by our school doctor, needs to be attached.
- In case of work, examination or military service, an official declaration needs to be attached.
- AMAUTA will evaluate the situation and will consider a partial refund with a maximum of 50% for weeks that have not commenced yet (in other words, for complete weeks left), with the exception of the first two (complete) two weeks following the moment of the announcement of the cancellation request. (Except: see below) and the weeks that have already started.
AMAUTA will refund this amount at the latest 30 days after the original ending date of the course, by either bank wire transfer, PayPal, or credit card.
* Excluded from the After Arrival Cancellation Procedures are: flights, hotels, bus- or train tickets, entrance fee tickets, tours, Spanish on Location programs and all Spanish courses and accommodation for groups; those need to be paid in full **, as well as the registration and volunteer fee, and the cost of Spanish classes and other services including accommodation already utilized, and, incomplete weeks left.
** Exceptions for flights, hotels, bus- or train tickets, entrance fee tickets and tours can be negotiated but depend 100% on the cancellation and refund politics of the airlines, hotels, rail companies, travel agencies, and other providers.
The student will be charged a change fee according to the price list for all changes in programs, volunteer projects, dates and/or accommodation after arrival. Changes cannot be applied during incomplete weeks left but will start the following week at the earliest; however, all changes are subject to availability.
AMAUTA Spanish School reserves the right to use all possible photos and videos taken during the student’s stay unless the student refuses permission.
All fees are due at the latest on the first day of class at the very latest. Prepayments should be paid at the moment of reservation. Please inquire about our payment options before and on arrival by e-mail.
Jan 1, March 29, May 1, May 30, Jun 24, Jun 29, Jul 28, Jul 29, Aug 30, Oct 8, Nov 1, Dec 8, Dec 24 after 1 pm, 25 Dec, Dec 31 after 1 pm
There are no classes on national holidays. The missed classes will be replaced by a special activity on the same day. Classes cannot be recuperated and are non-refundable.
- All the tours are operated by our own travel agency Dos Manos.
- Please go to www.dosmanosperu.com for complete excursion information.
- All prices are in US $ and are valid for all products that start in 2024
- All programs are subject to change.
- AMAUTA cannot be held responsible for obvious printing errors on the website, or our brochures, emails or pricelist.